In today´s news post, we share an interesting program for technology suppliers and funding opportunity for manufacturing SMEs to redesign their product portfolio and capabilities.
Better Factory EU Horizon 2020 program coordinated by VTT Technical Research Center invites manufacturing SMEs, technology suppliers and artists to engage in collaborative experiments to redesign manufacturers’ current product portfolio supported by business, art, and tech mentors. By participating in a collaborative experiment, the teams – 1 SME + 1 artist + 1 tech provider - can receive up to €200K equity-free funding.
Better Factory value proposition for manufacturing SMEs is as follows:
- Get connected with artists and designers and expand your business with new products and services.
- Test new technologies to turn your factory into a Lean-agile production facility.
- Access to €50.000 to test new services and technologies.
- Receive technical mentoring on your factory digital transformation.
- Receive business mentoring to transform your business model.
Better Factory will be supporting 16 collaborative experiments in 2 Open Calls. Innovation in the following sectors will be prioritized by the evaluators:
- Plastic and Rubber
- Furniture and Wood
- Food and Agriculture
- Metal and Machinery
- Textile and Leather